Monday, November 2, 2009

Random Failures

My official new goal is to ACTUALLY post. Yeah, I know, remarkable. 
I've had some disappointing food failures lately, the most disgusting involving butterscotch chips and cashews. 
The official new policy is to never, ever do anything with butterscotch chips AGAIN. 
Ever. 
Also I made a cauliflower, this one: http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/10/cauliflower-with-almonds-raisins-and-capers/
which is supposed to be cauliflower for non-cauliflower eaters. It wasn't too bad. Not my favorite, but not bad either. Then my Dad smelled it, just smelled it and he started yelling about how much he loathed it and opened all the doors and windows to get rid of "The Smell" because apparently it was making him gag. 
Yep. I know. 

Right now I'm craving savory tarts, such as quiche, also doughnuts. Also Payday candy bars. And nuts. Lots of cashews and stuff. And crisp apples. And french toast. 

I've been a bit sick for the past two days as well as insanely busy and also very impatient with the world, but I'm on this folks. This whole "Blog Thing" is going to happen. 

No comments: